Isa diminishing source of revenue for you? Why don’t you send a few more emails?
A small part of my marketing soul dies every time I hear this. If your revenue is decreasing, let’s look at yourand figure out what’s going on.
“A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed.”
– Ramsay Leimenstoll
The Importance Of Email Marketing Metrics
The importance ofcan be summed up in four aspects mentioned below.
- The language is uniform in the industry
- They’re a metric for measuring output that’s been standardized. There is one way to measure a specific open rate.
- They build responsibility. You can email countless people every day, but how many of them are actually engaging?
- It allows you to prepare your campaigns and monitor your return on investment
Let’s take it a step further and look at it in more depth ofMetrics. We recognize the importance of email marketing metrics, but at last count, there are 34 metrics to consider.
6 Stages Of Email Marketing Metrics
Deployment is the focus of this point. This is when a marketer examines the number of emails received from the delivery list. The distribution and number of emails sent are the most important metrics in this case.
Identity and acceptance are the topics at hand. What exactly does this imply? It refers to the ability to meet deadlines. Gmail and Hotmail, for example, have they recognized us and acknowledged our emails? When considering this point, keep in mind our delivered emails as well as both hard and soft bounces.
As per, your average email open rate should be between 15-25%.
Could we really send anwithout considering the awareness and impressions it generates? How many people opened the for the first time (unique opens) and how many times they opened it (total opens).
When we’re looking at intent to buy or behave, this is what we’re looking at. When a customer has consideration and engagement he or she is in this stage. How many special links (unique clicks) were clicked? How many special people (responders) clicked? And, my personal favorite, how many of those who actually opened clicked? To find that percentage, we should divide our responders by our specific openings.
The holy grail, if you will. BUY NOW. I tell, bring on the return on investment. We like to speak about conversions, revenue, revenue per email, and average order values at this point. By creating a well-thought-out hypothesis to test, we can begin to plan out experiments with forecasted ROI once we understand this.
metrics have reached their most wicked level. The one that makes us cringe every time we hear it. Unsubscribes and spam complaints, oh my! This is disengagement in action.
However, I am a data optimist, so successfuland spam complaints are always welcome. What a shock! Frightening! He had no right to say so. So, here’s what I have to say.
- Why would you want to send another to customers who don’t want to hear from you? It would just irritate them and end up in an ESP’s junk folder. And this will undoubtedly have an effect on your reputation for deliverability.
- Have you ever considered that customers could have unsubscribed? Have they just made a purchase and then you asked them to make another purchase? Have you just sent them one email a week, despite the fact that they haven’t engaged with you in over 271 days?
The six stages ofmetrics are a great way to make sure you’re always on top of your game. Just like any other aspect in business, it’s important to analyze the data from time to time and see what works best for you and your customers.